The EEG headset I am using to analyze my brainwaves is the Neurosky Mindwave Mobile.
The remote of the toy robot – aka “The Bug” – is hacked and connected to an Arduino microcontroller.
To control the robot I used these 2 simple principles:
– meditation produces alpha waves (frequency range: 7.5-12.5 Hz)
– attention produces beta waves (frequency range: 12.5-30 Hz)
So by isolating these 2 frequencies in my brainwaves, I can trigger the right signals to control the robot.
Here is the chain of events:
1. The EEG headset records my brainwaves.
2. The brainwaves are analyzed on my computer to isolate the right frequencies.
3. The computer is connected to an Arduino microcontroller. The Arduino gets a specific input for each frequency detected.
5. The Arduino is connected to the robot remote (hacked)