PropHack – Property technology hackathon
Welcome to the inaugural PropHack hackathon, an event for technology innovators to build, break and discuss all things proptech.
Pitch an idea, join a team or simply come to network, PropHack will be bringing together the proptech community for a jam-packed weekend of hacking and mentoring.
What’s the big idea?
Property remains one of the few sectors relatively void of technoloy disruption – a large portion of existing solutions and platforms are archaic, uninspired or simply no longer relevant. But that is changing, and the PropTech movement is growing. With the introduction of exciting new technologies and a growing number of start-up success stories (e.g. AirBnB), high-profile tech innovators are quickly switching on to the vast opportunties untapped within property. It’s time to fill this sector with ideas, talent and start-ups.
What will be available?
- Food, drink and plenty of workspace
- 8x Estimote beacons
- 4x Raspberry Pi 3
- 10x Google Cardboard kits
- 1x Oculus Rift
Example concepts / areas of interest:
- Beacon technology / physical web
- VR, AR, magic windows
- Smart cities
- Open data
- Property search and intent marketing
- Finance, mortages and insurance
More sponsors to be announced soon.
- 9AM – Drinks, breakfast and networking
- 10AM – Welcome keynote and lightning pitches
- 11AM – Team forming and idea development
- 12PM – Lunch
- 1PM until late – Design! Build! Validate!
- 9AM – Breakfast and check-in
- 1PM – Mentoring sessions / networking
- 5PM – Final presentations
- Late – Drinks and networking