Robotics are becoming an occurring trend on TechMog as both Peter and I are fascinated with the technology. Now let me introduce or reintroduce you to ‘B’, described by the creator as “a revolutionary new remote controlled hybrid car-helicopter with a patent pending design”.
This is an awesome looking toy capable of driving on both normal and difficult terrain – when you’re bored of driving or if your path gets blocked just flick a switch to take flight.
This project has been on Kickstarter for a while now, however with only a few days left funding has finally been secured with 332 backers totalling £93.243 (as of this posting) passing the set goal of £86,500. Developed by Witold Mielniczek currently undertaking a PhD (Computational Engineering and Design) at the university of Southampton, United Kingdom. He also holds a degree in Economics (BA), Product Design and Robotics (Bsc). This project is another win for the UK as similar projects continue to flourish.
The key features of ‘B’ are:
- Vertical take-off and landing.
- Able to transition on the move between driving, flying and back again.
- Up to 15 minutes of action on a single charge.
- HD (1280 x 720 px) camera on-board with recording capability.
- An experience which has not been possible within one package before.
- Durable construction that is designed with punishing terrain in mind.